TeeChart crashing in Windows Server 2008

TeeChart for ActiveX, COM and ASP
Raymond

TeeChart crashing in Windows Server 2008

Post by Raymond » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:22 pm

I am running an application that uses TeeChart through terminal server on Windows Server 2008 R1. My application has been crashing when Microsoft port redirection service is turned on. Everything is fine if it is off. Has it ever been encountered before?

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TeeChart crashing in Windows Server 2008

Post by Yeray » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi Raymond,

Could you please tell us what error message are you getting?
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Tchic007

Post by Tchic007 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Hello,

We use Teechart v8 ActiveX in an application developped in C#. If the application is used on a terminal server Windows 2008 Server 32 bits through a remote session, the application crashes, but in console mode with the same user, it works. We did also the test with the Teechart demo application and we got the same result.
Do you have an idea to solve this issue ?

Thank you

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:41 am

Hi Raymond,

Excuse us for the delayed reply.

We've tried the TeeChart ActiveX v8.0.0.8 features demo in a Windows Server 2008 (Datacenter) fresh installation from another Windows Server 2008 and also from a Windows Seven and found no error.

Could you please check that the TeeChart ActiveX version you are using is the latest available in the client area (8.0.0.8)?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

TSCRM

Post by TSCRM » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:04 am

Hello!
I also ran into a problem described by the user "Tchic007".
OS: Windows Server 2008 Datacenter 32bit Service Pack 2 with last updates.
I use last ActiveX binary (as you advised) - teechart8.ocx version 8.0.0.8 downloaded recently from your site. (Installation TeeChart8ActiveX.exe)
In console under Administrative user command "regsvr32 teechart8.ocx" works successfully.
But in terminal session under same Administrative user command "regsvr32 teechart8.ocx" hangs.
Moreover our other binaries from another manufacturers registered successfully under terminal session (so problem not in permissions and settings of server)
Please help me to resolve this problem.
Thank you!

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sandra » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:20 am

Hello TSCRM,

Sorry for the delay. Please check to see if any partial registration has taken place. To do so you can open the registry editor, regedit, and look for the key"\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TeeChart.TChart".

If the key exists, we can check that there is no partial, incorrect registration by re-registering: Please unregister the installation using regsvr32 /u "_PathToTeeChart_\teechart8.ocx" and recheck with regedit whether the registry key has been removed. I'm assuming there is no prior version of TeeChart registered. If there are previous versions of TeeChart registered please confirm that to us.

If not and if the key "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TeeChart.TChart" still exists please remove it manually, doing so too for any other TeeChart keys that might remain at that location, ie. "TeeChart.ChartEditorPanel", "TeeChart.ChartEditorPanel.8", "TeeChart.ChartGrid", etc. whereupon you can attempt to re-register using regsvr32 "_PathToTeeChart_\teechart8.ocx".

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

TSCRM

Post by TSCRM » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:19 am

Hello, Sandra!

There is no key "\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TeeChart.TChart" in registry.
And command "regsvr32 /u teechart8.ocx" also hangs in terminal session.
In console session register/unregister works successfully.

This issue is reproduced on all MSServer 2008 Datacenter under Administrative user in terminal session.
If you want I may give you remote access to my virtual machine with MSServer 2008 Datacenter SP2 (last updates).
Or you may yourself install this OS in virtual machine, then deploy terminal server and reproduce this issue in terminal session. (UAC switch off)

Thanks.

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sandra » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:20 pm

Hello TSCRM,

I have tested Acteivex Pro, last version 8, in our OS Windows Server 2008 Datacenter and a terminal session with below information:

Operative System
  • -Windows server Datacenter without Hiper-V
    -Service Pack 2
System
  • -AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor 3000 2.01 GHz
TeeChart
  • -Activex Pro 8.0.0.8.1.10301
And TeeChart Activex 8 works fine for me.
If you want I may give you remote access to my virtual machine with MSServer 2008 Datacenter SP2 (last updates).
Please send e-mail with necessary information to info at steema dot com to my attention, so we can access to your virtual machine and we can try to solve your problem.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Steema Software

TSCRM

Post by TSCRM » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:21 am

Hello, Sandra.
Sandra wrote: I have tested Acteivex Pro, last version 8, in our OS Windows Server 2008 Datacenter and a terminal session with below information:
And TeeChart Activex 8 works fine for me.
I noticed, that to reproduce this issue, no console user must be logged in - only terminal sessions on server.
Try to connect under different administrative user to your server from client machine by RDP. Before this unregister TeeChart8.ocx and logged out from console.
Please send e-mail with necessary information to info at steema dot com to my attention, so we can access to your virtual machine and we can try to solve your problem.
As I and you have different time zone and remote access program TeamViewer v.4 often change access information, I propose to contact with me online by skype (Skype Name: falconenko). And then I'll give you all necessary information.
My time zone +2 (Ukraine).
Thanks.

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sandra » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:37 am

Hello TSCRM,
I noticed, that to reproduce this issue, no console user must be logged in - only terminal sessions on server.
Try to connect under different administrative user to your server from client machine by RDP. Before this unregister TeeChart8.ocx and logged out from console.
I have tested again it with a different administrative user and I still can not reproduce the problem.
As I and you have different time zone and remote access program TeamViewer v.4 often change access information, I propose to contact with me online by skype (Skype Name: falconenko). And then I'll give you all necessary information.
My time zone +2 (Ukraine).
Would you mind if we used Yahoo Messenger instead? You can contact us at steemasoftware at yahoo dot com.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Steema Software

TSCRM

Post by TSCRM » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:14 pm

Hello, Sandra!
Sandra wrote: Would you mind if we used Yahoo Messenger instead? You can contact us at steemasoftware at yahoo dot com.
I registered yahoo messenger account and add this contact to my contact list. But nobody answered me.
Please, contact me. My account - falconenko at yahoo dot com.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi TSCRM,

After your conversation and all the tests you did with Sandra regarding this issue we came to the conclusion that this only occurred using TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX Russian. Can you please try using TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX Multilanguage installer?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software

TSCRM

Post by TSCRM » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:33 am

Hi, Narcis.
Narcís wrote: After your conversation and all the tests you did with Sandra regarding this issue we came to the conclusion that this only occurred using TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX Russian. Can you please try using TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX Multilanguage installer?
I used the only TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX Multilanguage downloaded from your "Client access" of tis site.
FileName of installation: TeeChart8ActiveX.exe. Size about 23Mb. Build 8.0.0.8

As for me, problem is not in language of TeeChart installation but in language of MS Server 2008. Issue doesn't reproduce on english version of this OS - only in Russian version (maybe in others too).
Command "regsvr32 TeeChart8.ocx" hangs regardless of whether or not installed TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi TSCRM,

So TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX English version doesn't work in the Russian machine either. Can you please confirm that?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software

TSCRM

Post by TSCRM » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:35 am

Hi Narcis,
Narcís wrote: So TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX English version doesn't work in the Russian machine either. Can you please confirm that?
Yes, TeeChart Pro v8 ActiveX English version also doesn't work in the Russian MSServer2008 under terminal session.