How do I individually set properties for points in a series?

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Rookie_SP

How do I individually set properties for points in a series?

Post by Rookie_SP » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:53 am

How can I set different pointer styles or LinePen for different indexes in a line series in VB.NET?

For instance I would like to have even segments red and odd ones green in an alternate way. Same with circle and square pointers.

Help please!!

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:21 pm

Hi,

you should be able to do this using the OnGetPointerStyle event (setting pointer Visible to true). The problem is that there's a bug in the drawing algoritm and does not paint correct pointers for individual points. It's added on our defect list and a fix for it will be considered to inclusion for the next maintenance releases. I meantime I've not found any workaround.

Glenn F. Henriksen

Is this fixed in the August 1 release ?

Post by Glenn F. Henriksen » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:43 am

Pep wrote:Hi,

you should be able to do this using the OnGetPointerStyle event (setting pointer Visible to true). The problem is that there's a bug in the drawing algoritm and does not paint correct pointers for individual points. It's added on our defect list and a fix for it will be considered to inclusion for the next maintenance releases. I meantime I've not found any workaround.
Hi,

Is this fixed in the August 1 release (OnGetPointerStyle event) ? Can you provide an example of how to use it ?

Thanks.

KSB

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:25 am

Hi.

Sure, here is C# example, using series OnGetPointerStyle event:

Code: Select all

private void Form1_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
    {
      points2.FillSampleValues(10);
      points2.Pointer.Pen.Color = Color.Blue;
    }

private void points2_GetPointerStyle(Steema.TeeChart.Styles.CustomPoint series, Steema.TeeChart.Styles.CustomPoint.GetPointerStyleEventArgs e)
    {
      // if even, yellow, otherwise blue
      if (e.ValueIndex % 2 == 0) points2.Pointer.Pen.Color = Color.Yellow;
      else points2.Pointer.Pen.Color = Color.Blue;
    }
Additionally you can also change individual point Pointer.Style (by accessing e.Style).
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com