Deploying a WebForms App with TeeChart 2.0

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Hermes

Deploying a WebForms App with TeeChart 2.0

Post by Hermes » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:43 pm

I'm trying to deploy a WebForms app, in VS 2003 I've created a setup, in the server the setup ran correctly but when a client try to open the app get the error "object reference not set to an instance of a object", I've tried with the workaround in the tutorial but still not run. Is there something i'm missing? I'm using the latest version of the TeeChart NET 2.0.

Christopher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Christopher » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:08 am

Hi Hermes,

This could be related to a licensing issue. Please download the TeeChartNET2DebugBuild.exe (v2.0.2061.24977) from the customer download page which contains the fix:

9) WebChart control dependent on Designtime
(registry) license at runtime with compiled
licenses.licx file. Fixed.

You may also like to read Tutorial17 - Designtime Runtime and License Requirements to refresh your knowledge on TeeChart designtime issues.
Thank you!

Christopher Ireland (Steema crew)
Please be aware of the newsgroup archives:
http://www.teechart.net/support/search.php
http://groups.google.com
http://codenewsfast.com/

Hermes

Post by Hermes » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:37 pm

Sorry but I've read the EULA and the Tutorial 17 but like you can see my mother language is spanish. Could you send me in spanish an explanation (or the EULA) of the runtime license requirements?

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:57 am

Hola Hermes,

Por favor, podrias indicarme exactamente que es lo que necesitas saber?
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Hermes

Post by Hermes » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:26 pm

Básicamente cuales son las condiciones de licenciamiento de una aplicación WEB. ¿Cuando es necesario una licencia de servidor web?
Nosotros trabajamos desde hace años con el TeeChart AX y la verdad no reparamos en que podía haber alguna diferencia en el licenciamiento al distribuir nuestra aplicación.

gracias, saludos

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:52 pm

Hola Hermes,

Conoceis las condiciones de licencias para aplicaciones web para TeeChart Pro ActiveX? Las habeis utilizado en alguna ocasión? El funcionamento en TeeChart for .NET és el mismo que el de la versión ActiveX. Si no conoceis este aspecto de las licencias intentaré traducirlo.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Hermes

Post by Hermes » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:27 pm

No, nunca las he utilizado y a ello se debe mi pregunta.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:22 pm

Hola Hermes,

De acuerdo. Pues te adjunto la traducción del párrafo sobre licencias Web Server disponible aquí.

Se necesita una licencia TeeChart Web Server runtime para cada servidor web en el que se use el Control con un módulo scriptable en el servidor (p.e.: ASP, ISAPI DLL, VB Usercontrol). Somos concientes de que hay algunas ventajas técnicas utilizando un UserControl compilado como Control ActiveX o DLL conteniendo el Control TeeChart en el servidor respecto al uso de ASP (es decir, disponibilidad de los eventos de TeeChart en el servidor). Para este caso concreto de TeeChart, nosotros consideramos el Control compilado, cuando contiene un proceso localizado en el Servidor, como candidato para una licencia Web Server runtime y exempto de royalties adicionales como se describe en esta sección. Las licencias Web Server son un producto separado de las licencias Developer, solo disponible para los propietarios de, cómo mínimo, una licencia Developer registrada.

Si tienes alguna otra pregunta no dudes en hacerla.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Hermes

Post by Hermes » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:02 pm

Por lo tanto si solo estoy usando el TeeChart en una página ASPX no necesito ninguna licencia para la instalación de la aplicación en el servidor web. ¿Es correcto?

gracias

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:47 am

Hello,

The issue may relate to the technical setup of the license, not the legal licensing requirement.

To check whether the license is setup correctly please look at:
- Is Licenses.licx included in your project as an embedded resource?
- Does the project compile without error?
- If you remove Licenses.licx from the project and the technical license setup is correct then the project should fail to compile with a license error. Please check that as a cross-check.
Last edited by Narcís on Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Hermes

Post by Hermes » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:28 pm

I've looked at the points you've suggested, confirm the cross-check, but the deploy server keeps getting an error "Object reference not set ...." Only if I install the tee chart on the server the app runs.
Any other suggestion?

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:54 am

Hello,

If the cross-check works (ie. that the project compile fails without the licx file) then it would seem that licensing is working correctly at compile time. Please check what TeeChart version, the .dll, resides on the server. There should be no other version than the one used at compile-time referenced in the GAC or via the registry AssemblyFolders key ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders]).

On the machine where the application is compiled the same checks should be made, that the compile version of TeeChart is not different to one referenced in the GAC or AssemblyFolders.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support