Arrhenius Plot

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Hans Wolfgang

Arrhenius Plot

Post by Hans Wolfgang » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:49 am

Please advise if there is support for Arrhenius chart, plotting log10(y) vs. 1/x.

By "support" I mean can TeeChart be configured in the way described above, or is there a component for this purpose.

My current version of TeeChart is 502 for Delphi 6.

Another related question: can the x axis variable be redefined for visual purposes, i.e., the numerical value plotted is 1/x, but the scale tics are labeled with corresponding values of x.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Arrhenius Plot

Post by Narcís » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:50 am

Hi Hans,
By "support" I mean can TeeChart be configured in the way described above, or is there a component for this purpose.
Yes, you shouldn't have any problem you should just populate series with corresponding X and Y values or you could even use the custom function feature (y=f(x)). You'll find an example at All Features\Welcome!\Functions\Extended\Custom y=f(x) example in the new features demo, available at TeeChart's program group.

Also, axes can be configured to have logarithmic scales. For more functions and axes settings I strongly recommend you to read tutorials 4 and 7, which are available at TeeChart's program group.
My current version of TeeChart is 502 for Delphi 6.
Most (or all) features discussed here will be available in v5. Otherwise they are available in later versions. Notice that current version is number 8.
Another related question: can the x axis variable be redefined for visual purposes, i.e., the numerical value plotted is 1/x, but the scale tics are labeled with corresponding values of x.
Yes, you can do that using the OnGetAxisLabel event or providing those values as a text label when populating series.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Hans Wolfgang

Post by Hans Wolfgang » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:25 am

Believe that realization of the Arrhenius chart will take a fair amount of custom coding. If that turns out to be the case, and if it has not been done before, I propose to create an Arrhenius component to add to the VCL.

Likewise with log probability. Wondering if there exists a TeeChart component to create this type of chart.

Both Arrhenius and log probability graphs are usually, manually plotted on special graph paper produced by a specialty printing company.

I am involved with a project in which copious amounts of the former or both of these plots will be required, and clearly the process should be automated on the computer.

TIA

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:19 am

Hi Hans,

I'm not sure on how exactly an arrhenius chart should be drawn but, if that's correct, it simply consists on a line with a determined function. Then, I agree with Narcís that the most logical way to draw it could be the "custom function" (y=f(x)).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:32 am

Hi Hans,

In addition to the above mentioned, you may be interested on saving you chart characteristics (with or without the data) for a later use. To do that, you could save and load your charts with .tee files (See the Tutorial 12 - Exporting and Importing Charts)
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy